The Beardmore Hotel & Conference Centre was delighted to win at the Scottish Hotel Awards 2012:
Centre for Health Science
Introducing the Beardmore Centre for Health Science
A new world class centre to cultivate clinical excellence, research and learning
The Beardmore Centre for Health Science is the latest addition to the NHS National Waiting Times Centre – a unique facility combining excellence in medicine and healthcare at the Golden Jubilee National Hospital with excellence in conferencing and hospitality at the Beardmore Hotel and Conference Centre.
Opening in early 2011, the Beardmore Centre for Health Science will provide an exceptional focal point for training and research activity through two main functions.
- The Clinical Research Facility will provide researchers with the clinical infrastructure necessary to conduct high quality research in an environment designed to respect the patient’s safety, wellbeing and privacy.
- The Clinical Skills Centre will provide a high quality tailored environment for the delivery of both clinical and general training to all health care professionals.
Complementing the existing services on our site, the Beardmore Centre for Health Science will have a unique combination of state of the art health care professional training facilities, a hospital and hotel resulting in an ideal venue for showcasing equipment associated with all aspects of patient care.
The Beardmore Centre for Health Science will:
- enhance the experience of patients participating in clinical trials;
- increase the number of trials hosted by the Golden Jubilee National Hospital;
- provide excellent co-located hotel accommodation for patients taking part in research projects;
- enhance the clinical skills training experience for all health care professionals through the provision of two single bedroom ward simulation areas;
- provide a dedicated facility for clinical skills training involving the use of a patient simulator;
- enhance surgical skills training through the provision of a purpose-built area with the ability to live stream surgical procedures from the hospital; and
- add four additional conference training rooms to the facilities already available within The Beardmore Hotel and Conference Centre.
For more information:
Contact our Research and Development Manager on 0141 951 5440