The Beardmore Hotel & Conference Centre was delighted to win at the Scottish Hotel Awards 2012:
The Beardmore prides itself on the level of accessibility it can provide. We constantly review accessibility provision and are committed to investment in updated services and facilities.
- A large, secure car park (CCTV monitored) on-site for 300 vehicles. Parking is free to all Beardmore guests.
- Ten designated accessible parking spaces- all at the front of the building (all are within 35 metres of the main entrance to the hotel).
- A covered drop off point at the main entrance/ reception area.
- Luggage assistance available on request.
- The approach to the front entrance is a level access.
- The main entrance has an automatic powered door.
- A lowered section at reception desk for enquiries and registration. Complimentary use of a PC with internet access is available in this area.
- A seating area is provided in the main reception area and the floor in level throughout.
- The lobby and main corridor has a hard, slip resistant floor and is well lit.
- 6 accessible bedrooms out of a total of 168. All of these rooms have adjoining doors to another bedroom for the use of guests who need to have a carer nearby.
- Big button phones are available on request and can be used in any of our bedrooms.
- Vibrating pillows are available on request.
- Two accessible unisex toilets in the public area of the building.
- A talking lift.
- All doors, entrances and corridors are wide enough for wheelchairs, walking frames and pushchairs.
- All corridors are well lit and level throughout.
- All main meeting rooms have a hearing loop system installed and portable seating arrangements.
Restaurants, Bar and Lounge
- The restaurant, bar and lounge areas are all located on the ground floor and are level throughout.
- Chefs are able to accommodate any special dietary requirements.
- Menus are available in large print format or alternatively staff can talk through the choice of dishes on offer.
- All areas are spacious with a variety of seating arrangements.
Emergency Evacuation Procedures
All accessible bedrooms are located close to the escape stairs, each with a refuge point.
- All exists on the ground floor have level thresholds.
- Assistance in the event of an evacuation is available if advanced arrangements are made with reception.