The Beardmore Hotel & Conference Centre was delighted to win at the Scottish Hotel Awards 2012:
Beardmore named Conference Hotel of the Year 2011
Thrilled staff at the Beardmore Hotel and Conference Centre are celebrating after taking the title of Conference Hotel of the Year 2011.
The Beardmore Hotel and Conference Centre took the prestigious title at the eighth annual Scottish Hotel Awards. The winners are chosen following inspections, interviews, consumer feedback and nominations, industry intelligence and critic analysis.
The awards – dubbed the ‘Scottish Hotel Oscars’ – were presented on Sunday 27 March in Glasgow at a ceremony that was attended by hotel teams from across Scotland.
On receiving the award, Bronagh Bell, Business Development Director at the Clydebank venue, said: “I am delighted that the Beardmore has been named Conference Hotel of the Year 2011.
“Our aim is to provide a centre of excellence for people using venues for conference, business and training purposes. One of the ways we have achieved this is through the technical infrastructure at The Beardmore. It is exceptional and provides a valuable platform for all conferences taking place.”
As the top venue for conferences, the Beardmore provides:
• an iMac computer with free Internet access in all 168 stylish bedrooms;
• free WiFi Internet access;
• free parking for 300 cars;
• video conferencing and advanced AV technology;
• auditorium with tiered seating
• 14 versatile meeting and training spaces;
• area for mini exhibitions and cabaret conferences;
• specialist healthcare facilities that are perfect for clinicians, medical equipment providers and pharmaceutical companies;
• complimentary pick up from Glasgow International Airport;
• swimming pool, sauna and gym;
• extensive choice of restaurants and menus; and
• extensive grounds for outdoor activities.
The NHS-owned facility has been honoured every year at the annual Scottish Hotel Awards since its launch eight years ago.
Bronagh Bell added: “We have developed our teams to ensure they understand the particular needs of our conference and business customers and now we are really seeing the positive impact on business levels and of course winning fantastic awards like this.”
Date of release: Tuesday 29 March 2011