The Beardmore Hotel & Conference Centre was delighted to win at the Scottish Hotel Awards 2012:
Beardmore wins award at hotel 'Oscars'
Delighted Beardmore Hotel staff celebrated taking the title of Scottish Business Hotel of the Year this week.
The Beardmore Hotel and Conference Centre took the prestigious title at the seventh annual Scottish Hotel Awards that are the result of inspections, interviews, consumer feedback and nominations, industry intelligence and critic analysis.
The awards – that have been dubbed the ‘Scottish Hotel Oscars’ – were presented on Sunday 25 April in Edinburgh at a ceremony that was attended by hotel teams from across Scotland.
On receiving the award, Bronagh Bell, Business Development Director at the Clydebank venue, said: “I am truly delighted that the Beardmore has been named The Scottish Business Hotel of the Year 2010.
“We aimed to create a centre of excellence for people using venues for business, conference and training purposes. We have invested in new technology right across The Beardmore in meeting rooms, bedrooms and lounge areas in order to create the right infrastructure to do business or get on with work.”
As the top venue for business clients, the Beardmore provides:
- an iMac computer with free Internet access in all 168 stylish bedrooms;
- free WiFi Internet access;
- free parking for 300 cars;
- video conferencing and advanced AV technology;
- auditorium with tiered seating
- 14 versatile meeting and training spaces;
- area for mini exhibitions and cabaret conferences;
- complimentary pick up from Glasgow International Airport;
- swimming pool, sauna and gym;
- extensive choice of restaurants and menus; and
- extensive grounds for outdoor activities.
The NHS-owned facility has been honoured every year at the annual Scottish Hotel Awards since its launch seven years ago.
Bronagh Bell added: “We have developed our teams to ensure they understand the particular needs of business and conference customers and now we are really seeing the positive impact on business levels and of course winning fantastic awards like this.”
Date of release: Wednesday 28 April 2009