The Beardmore Hotel & Conference Centre was delighted to win at the Scottish Hotel Awards 2012:
Eight is great as Beardmore triumphs at hotel ‘Oscars’
The Beardmore Hotel and Conference Centre was the big winner at the Scottish Hotel Awards last night (Sunday 20 May 2012).
The Clydebank hotel, which has been recognised at the Scottish Hotel Awards every year since its launch nine years ago, walked away with eight titles on the night, including five individual awards for staff.
Staff attending the glittering ceremony – dubbed the ‘Scottish Hotel Oscars’ were delighted as the prizes kept on coming, culminating in the hotel being crowned Conference Hotel of the Year for the second year in a row.
The awards presented to the Beardmore are:
• Scottish Conference Hotel of the Year
• Green Hotel of the Year (Medium)
• Business Performance Gold Medal, for the Beardmore Sales Team
• Management Excellence Gold Medal, for Director Bronagh Bell
• Dame of Hospitality in Honour of Outstanding Contribution to Hospitality, for General Manager Eileen Newman
• Food and Beverage Hospitality Gold Medal, for Food and Beverage Assistant Gregory Gibson
• Reception Excellence Gold Medal, for Heather Cosgrove
• Restaurant Manager of the Year, for Terry McQuade
The winners are selected following inspections, interviews, consumer feedback and nominations, industry intelligence and critic analysis.
The awards were presented on Sunday 20 May 2012 in a ceremony that was attended by hotel teams from across Scotland.
Jill Young, Chief Executive, congratulated the team on their achievements.
She said: “This result is outstanding and so very well deserved by the Beardmore team. We believe it is because our staff focus on every little detail to ensure that guests have the best leisure stay, conference, wedding or dining experience.
“We have known for a long time that we have a high quality hotel with fantastic staff to match. It feels even better when external accreditation reinforces this, so well done to all of our staff who absolutely embody excellence in health, hospitality and learning.”
Date of release: Tuesday 22 May 2012