Drawing on our many years of experience of organising successful weddings, we have compiled the following Wedding Planner, which we hope you will find useful.
As Soon As Possible
- Draw up your guest list, so that you know what size of function suite you will require
- Book your wedding ceremony and reception venue
- Book your evening entertainment
- Book your honeymoon
One year ahead
- You should be looking to book your photographer, florist and cars.
- Compile your gift list.
- Order your cake.
- You should also be looking for that special outfit, wedding dress, kilt etc.
Six months ahead
- Make an appointment to see your Wedding Coordinator to finalise your arrangements, menus, drinks etc.
- Make the appropriate arrangements for looking at and ordering your wedding stationery and your wedding rings.
- Choose your going away outfit.
Three months before
- Book your hairstylist and beautician.
- Buy presents for your bridesmaids and best man. You may think that you still have plenty of time, but from now on, you will wonder where the time has gone!
- Submit Marriage Notice Forms with the appropriate documents.
Two months to go
- Send out invitations.
- Prepare seating plans.
Two weeks before
- Make an appointment to see your Wedding Co-ordinator to finalise those last few details, advise final numbers and make final payment.
- Phone round to confirm all your arrangements with your florist, wedding cars, hairdresser etc... you can never be too organised!
- It may be a good idea to try on your bridal wear just in case it needs any last minute alterations.
One week to go
- You should be holding a Rehearsal, just to ensure that everybody is clear on what his or her role will be on the day.
Your big day
- All the hard work is over and Your Big Day has arrived! It's all organised. Now it's time for you and your partner to enjoy yourselves.
Have a very special day and a wonderful time!